Sunday, November 27, 2011

Tune Up, python scripting

Hi everybody,

I recorded Miles Davis's "Tune Up"--

 Tune Up (Miles Davis) by Malcolm81

Starting to develop something of  a personal style I think, not really sure though.  I definitely hear the Thelonious influence in everything I do, I think most modern jazz pianist tend to take after Bill Evans more.

Oh to take over the chore of starting the jack server, starting linuxsampler for the piano sound (the maestro piano .GIG file available on their website), and jack-rack for the freeverb affect, and connecting them all up, I started putting it together in a python script.  I am going to do that with a munch of sounds, that will take a big chunk of the pain in the ass out of using linux for audio.  Also, I ordered a TASCAM US-100, it's in the mail.

Any thoughts people?  Feel free to comment, if only to tell me how bad I suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment