Friday, November 11, 2011

Synth Bass worked out

Hi everybody,

I managed to get a synth bass line using pure data as the synthesizer, rosegarden as the sequencer, and ardour as the recorder.  Ardour is actually way better at recording than audacity or rosegarden, I really do not know why I haven't used it very much.  I remembered it being intimidating, but I just don't see that now--it's menus are monstrous, but just using the on screen buttons was pretty easy.  Well ok, here's the recording:

 Jammin over a Synth Bass by Malcolm81

As far as the music goes, it's an idea I've been having for a while, the bass line has a root note, then it drops a major third, then a major second, then another major second, and then it comes back up.  Anyhow, here it is:

The chords that work over this are D7#5 (whole tone scale), D7alt (jazz minor scale), and E7#4.  It's pretty fun to play over.  


Also, I ordered a Behringer UCA 212 audio interface from amazon, it is supposedly class compliant so it will hopefully work right out of the box.  It is also very affordable, I will let you know how it sounds.  

Ok, till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment