Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pure Data hackery

Hi everybody,

Yes I am aware that "hackery" is not a word.  But also I am aware that pure data is really fun!  I have made a kick drum sound that is just filtered white noise, and something that sounds like a bell but it's randomly generated, so it sounds like a different bell every time you hit it!

Hehe.  seriously though, I have to figure out how to make a synthesizer that lets you save the settings, my biggest problem right now is I am just saving the program, but the program loads with all of the controls in their default positions, so that is really not good.  But there is a way to do it.

Anyhow, the difficulty of learning how to synthesize sound is mostly in the fact that I did not have a precise enough idea of how to describe sounds.  And while to some extend this is not necessary to be a musician, understanding something like that can only help.  Not sure I want to go anywhere near jazz fusion though, I think I prefer more agressive synthesizer sounds.  Anyhow, we'll see.

I am not really following this tutorial, but it keeps coming up in my search's and I have probably read through it all by now, but a bit haphazardly.  It's called  Six Simple Synthesizers.

No comments:

Post a Comment