Monday, September 26, 2011

Rhythm Changes

Hi everbody,

I know I said I was going to get you a version of 'Round Midnight, but I decided I had to work on fundamentals, so I got a metronome and plan to get to the point where I can play stock rhythm changes in my sleep in all twelve keys, and then work on improvising chord substitutions.  Also, I am noticeably worse at playing sharp keys than flat ones (well I notice it anyway.)

Oh, for the uninitiated "rhythm changes" refers to the chord progression of a Gershwin tune called "I Got Rhythm", which has been lifted a million times and is at this point just a progression that everyone knows (similar to 12 bar blues progressions.)  Well everyone but me.  But I will get it down cold.  Yessirree.

Though at some point in that I will get back to working at songs I'm sure, and in the meantime I will probably try to write up some stuff on here.  Also might post some of the practice I'm doing, it's easy enough to record, some might be worth listening to.

Anyhow, here are some rhythm changes in D:
 D Rhythm Changes by Malcolm81

or click: http://soundcloud.com/malcolm81/d-rhythm-changes

No comments:

Post a Comment