Monday, September 19, 2011

Return to Blogging, SoundCloud, and Blue Monk

Hi everyone,

Here is my first blog post in a while.  I have been playing a bit recently.  I just recorded "Blue Monk" using the old trick of just hitting record on my keyboard's one track internal sequencer, and then later hitting play on that when it is plugged into the computer in order to record it.

Anyhow, this is Blue Monk, it's a blues tune by jazz great Thelonious Monk, and appears in my real book and is, as far as I know, a jazz standard.

Ok, embedded soundcloud version:
 Blue Monk 9-19-11 by Malcolm81

Did that work?

If not, umm maybe follow this link:  http://soundcloud.com/malcolm81/blue-monk-9-19-11

Ok.  phew.  Good to be back blogging and all, hope you enjoy the tune.  Appreciate your comments, and remember I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment