Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Baby Steps to Giant Steps

Hi Everybody,

I am going to get these new fangled rootless voicings to the point where I can use them to play Coltraine's "Giant Steps".  But of course they are useful for all sorts of other things as well I am sure, and I think I want to learn them in my right hand as well, but first I will learn them in my left.

But long story long, I am going to be doing rhythms changes as practice, and for Giant Steps I need G, Eb, and B.  Since G seemed the easiest of those that's where I started, and I can pretty much play rhythm changes in G now.

Oh ok, SoundCloud is down.  Well anyhow, I've done G, and I will post it along with the others when I get them, with Giant Steps out there in the distance.  And I ordered another book, I will be looking forward to getting that for sure.

Anyhow, till next time,
Malcolm

No comments:

Post a Comment