Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Good Android App

I'm currently working on my twelve bar blues using the Hydrogen drum machine and a bass line that I wrote by hand (or I guess by mouse) in Rosegarden, and it is starting to feel a little better but I am still a little shaky!

One  of the reasons it has taken me so long to get the computer going is that I was afraid it would be more of a distraction than a useful learning aid, and I am not entirely sure I was wrong since there is so much stuff I want to try out on the computer.  Coming up is Linux Sampler and giving Ardour a try as replacing Rosegarden as everything but a MIDI sequencer, as well as working toward automating the whole start up process.

But one thing I am fairly confident in saying is that most Android apps for music are not very good.  However, there is an exception to this rule: a very neat, and very customizable ear trainer for intervals, chords, and scales, by the name of Theory, Practice!  I guess I'm not really smart enough to get the links to it on the android market up, so you will have to go search for it there yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment